The PBE-5AC-500 PowerBeam ac High-Performance airMAX Bridge from Ubiquiti Networks is suitable for CPE deployments requiring maximum performance. A dish reflector design with proprietary airMAX ac technology, offers improved latency, noise immunity, scalability, and significantly increased throughput performance of up to 450+ Mb/s and also offers wide range of 16+ mi (25+ km). The InnerFeed technology integrates the radio into the feedhorn of an antenna, so there is no need for cables to connect the radio to the antenna. This improves performance while eliminating cable losses. Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology. The PowerBeam ac’s enhanced beam directivity provides optimal performance in high-noise environments. The TDMA airMAX protocol enables optimal scalability, high throughput, and low latency in unlicensed, multi-point networks. It supports airMAX ac protocol and has a long-range Point-to-Point (PtP) link mode. This offers selectable channel width of 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz in PtP and 10/20/30/40 MHz in PtMP. Integrated airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of proprietary TDMA protocol. The mounting bracket of the PowerBeam offers 20° of uptilt and 10° of downtilt, while the mounting bracket offers ± 15° of tilt.
- The PowerBeam ac directs RF energy in a tighter beamwidth. With the focus in one direction, the PowerBeam ac blocks or spatially filters out noise, to improve noise immunity. This feature is important in an area crowded with other RF signals of the same or similar frequency.
- Ubiquiti’s InnerFeed technology integrates the radio into the feedhorn of an antenna, so there is no need for a cable. This improves performance because it eliminates cable losses. Featuring high performance and innovative mechanical design, the PowerBeam ac is versatile and cost-effective to deploy.
- Designed for improved usability, airOS v7 is the enhanced operating system for Ubiquiti airMAX ac. It supports airMAX ac protocol and has long-range Point-to-Point (PtP) link mode. This offers selectable channel width of 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz in PtP and 10/20/30/40 MHz in PtMP. Additionally, this PowerBeam features automatic/manual transmit power control, automatic distance selection (ACK timing), and a strong WPA2 security.
- airOS offers usability enhancements such as dynamic configuration changes*, instant input validation, HTML5 technology, optimization for mobile devices, detailed device statistics, comprehensive array of diagnostic tools, including Ethernet cabling test, RF diagnostics, and airView spectrum analyzer.
- airMAX ac devices feature a multi-radio architecture to power an enhanced RF analytics engine. An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the advanced RF analytics in the industry. Data from the spectrum analysis and RF performance monitoring is displayed on the main tab and airView Spectrum analyzer of airOS V7.